Phoenix Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Post Christmas lull

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Egg
Admin
Egg

Post Christmas lull Empty
PostSubject: Post Christmas lull   Post Christmas lull I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:22 am

There are a few very noticeable seasonal fluctuations in activity that will impact on our traffic and business.

Be prepared for lower sales over the next few months. January to April is the worst time for malls. It's normal, just hang in. Valentines and Easter will bring relief, but you can expect just plain poor sales until the North American summer break, starting around April (post secondary exams).

You can try to reduce prices, but there just won't be as many kids playing. This is a good time to bribe Nigel for stock sales, and fine tune your category - fill in gaps, stockpile best sellers, snipe bargains, hoard Advent items.

Not sure how this will affect Market positions, but I expect some shop owners will despair and drop out, others will get desperate and try upgrading to search for sales.

Oh - If you have any luck with Nigel, I have a whole pile of EEEEE I'd like to unload!
Back to top Go down
HR

HR

PostSubject: Re: Post Christmas lull   Post Christmas lull I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Egg wrote:

Oh - If you have any luck with Nigel, I have a whole pile of EEEEE I'd like to unload!

Me too! And to add to what Egg said, don't upgrade out of desperation if your hut is normally very good (unless you can move to another very good option). Sales aren't great no matter where you are this time of year, so just be ready for when they do come Smile
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: Post Christmas lull   Post Christmas lull I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:49 pm

Only the third week of business so not too much to compare it to - but so far my sales have actually picked up since Christmas Shocked

May have something to do with the better tombstone position however.
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Post Christmas lull   Post Christmas lull I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:25 pm

It'll be interesting to see how this goes. Hopefully I'll get into a marketplace soon, but this may put a damper in that. I'll be ready though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Christmas lull   Post Christmas lull I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post Christmas lull
Page 1 of 1