Phoenix Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TNT on Removing Unused Shops

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Roby

TNT on Removing Unused Shops Empty
PostSubject: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:06 am

From a recent editorial:

Quote :
Okay, so could you guys maybe add an option to not show your shop in the marketplace (a "hide" feature, if you will)? In addition to that, once an account is frozen or inactive for 365+ days, the "hide" option could automatically go into effect, removing those shops from the marketplace. Seeing all those disabled accounts in the marketplace is pointless, since no one can visit an iced shop. Plus all the "Last Spotted: A very long time ago" shops need to go, too, since those shops are all empty. They serve no point. Thanks for listing, and thank you guys for all that you do for us. Smile ~jerseygirlie007
We like your thinking! We're going to ask around and see if this is possible.

This could change your hut positions, watch out.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:07 pm

It could also mean Main is a lot more attainable Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:18 pm

This seems very promising Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HR

HR

PostSubject: Re: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:04 pm

spunky_munky_gal wrote:
It could also mean Main is a lot more attainable Very Happy

Unfortunately, it also means Main will be highly volatile. Part of what keeps it in check is the number of inactive (or barely active) shops. Granted, frozen shops are not helpful to the shoppers but it is helpful to a seller who happens to share a hut with them. This makes me think of Island especially! Much of MON is not happy over this proposition as it will change game play quite a bit for those who are online often and used to equating time online with profitability. I can also see this driving up competition for NB ads in order to compensate the loss of control of hut manipulation, to some degree.
Back to top Go down
HR

HR

PostSubject: Re: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Wow, I just looked and jerseygirlie007 is an 800+ shop. Really surprised as I anticipated such a request would have come from a lower Main shop (600s) or Island. As it stands with her size, there are very few decent huts until you are in the top 5. I can see it moving her (and my) placement just enough to become a nuisance as most of the huge shops are still active (within 365 days). Just an interesting observation and musing on my part...
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:12 pm

You're right, it will make hut manipulation more difficult, hadn't thought of that.
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:18 pm

I would imagine that things will eventually settle back down from an event like this. People will upgrade again, and we'll reach a status quo similar to this before. The shakeup in the meantime could be quite hazardous though.
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:20 pm

I'm sure it'll be chaotic at first (If they ever do get around to following through, which in itself is doubtful IMO), but I think overall it will be a good thing for those active players who invest in their shops. It may end up making the marketplaces a much more viable option for many who would have thought it beyond them before.
Back to top Go down
HR

HR

PostSubject: Re: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:49 pm

Pfizzgig wrote:
I'm sure it'll be chaotic at first (If they ever do get around to following through, which in itself is doubtful IMO), but I think overall it will be a good thing for those active players who invest in their shops. It may end up making the marketplaces a much more viable option for many who would have thought it beyond them before.

Most recent comments I've seen in MON is that sales are in the tank as compared to prior to the marketplace link changes -- based upon hut position, which used to be the focus. Now many swear the only way to supplement that is NB ads, even groups who didn't use them before. Not sure how much truth in that, though. Would be interesting to hear from someone maintaining same hut/stock/mall from before and after.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:00 pm

My old mall leader went from no NB to NB in her new mall but to a different category. She notices a BIG difference in sales between NB and non-NB days but not a huge increase in PROFIT. She also spends much of her NB days on the computer RSing her stock...of course, early days for her yet.
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:37 pm

On the topic of NB vs non NB, I wonder if an add of say, 700k brings in much business. Currently that gets you low on the second page, just below the 4m adds. Perhaps a balance between profit and cost is achieved there?
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:07 pm

It may be that the market will change enough to make NB ads necessary, but personally I'm not yet ready to fork out my profits on them.

That being said, if you can't get front page, 80,000 will get you the top of page 6 - which is only one click away from page 1.
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:00 pm

I agree Egg, I've no interest in shelling out neopoints on expensive adds. Let the other malls do the experimenting. It must be horrible to pay 4mil to end up on the second page.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNT on Removing Unused Shops   TNT on Removing Unused Shops I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TNT on Removing Unused Shops
Page 1 of 1