A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

SDB Stocking

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roby

PostSubject: SDB Stocking   Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:09 pm

Hey gang,

In anticipation of a quasi-absence coming up I was thinking about strategies to keep my shop fully stocked while I'm gone. I was considering using SDB stocking as a technique to save time and energy. Have any of you tried this? I'm not sure how feasible it is with a stock of 3 pages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Egg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SDB Stocking   Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:21 pm

If you mean stocking up large quantities in your SDB, and refilling your shop from it as needed ... yes. That's what I've always done.

I've tried to keep a week's worth of product, and then just plan on shopping to refill the SDB on the weekends. Not so much these days though - I'm sending price-checks to iPricing more frequently, so I do catch any deals as I'm refilling. Takes way longer though! I think I'll go back to using my SDB to hold expected inventory needs, now that I'm thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roby

PostSubject: Re: SDB Stocking   Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:05 pm

How about putting in 2 months worth of backlog stock? I debate the effectiveness of this myself as I'm not convinced my capital would be best spent that way, but given that most of my items that are large sellers are low cost, it may not be a huge overhead investment, relative to the time saved. Presuming, of course, that there is a lot of time saving involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Egg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SDB Stocking   Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:42 am

I'd definitely recommend stocking up on your cheap and popular items. I've got had up to about 100 of some things I bought in bulk. It seems to save me time, especially since I don't have SSW and shop wiz bargain-hunting is time consuming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SDB Stocking   

Back to top Go down

SDB Stocking
Page 1 of 1