A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Category splitting again - Weapons / Training

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Egg
Admin

PostSubject: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:30 pm

Quote :
grooveyshop replied:

Yes I want to give nstarz the battle weapons and quest stuff.
I want to keep faeries and training.

Neomail from zoro. Zoro also mentioned this in the Secret Shoppers thread. So let's take a minute and see where we are with this idea.

We can reduce zoro's workload and keep her happy and participating to the extent she is able. Seems to me Faeires and Training is viable as a more focused category split.

Weapons and Earth Faerie quest should work too, but it may be borderline. Earth quests are the ones most turned down, and the cheap weapons must be outgrown so quickly. Zoro may not be around to see this immediately, so if anyone else has any data or thoughts on Weapons as a stand-alone category, it would be good to hear.

We may be able ti add interest to the Weapons category by adding a secondary product line to it, as well. Anyone want to unload something? or have a creative suggestion?

Finally, just cuz nstarz is available (and counting up his cost to Main, by the way), doesn't mean we have to offer him Weapons. Does anyone have a hankering to take on this category themselves? or do you know someone else you'd like to bring in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tsangpo

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:16 pm

The category that I had in my last mall before this one was weapons/medicine which is sort of similar to weapons/earth faerie. Weapons can actually be quite good sellers. It isn't necessarily the good weapons like the scarab ring that sell the best, if I recall correctly my best seller was the sword of domar.

While it certainly isn't the strongest category around it could be reasonably solid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
msn_fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:36 pm

I remember when I first starting to grasp the mall concept, I stocked 300 rainbow guns at double their price and they sold in less than a weekend...

Well, I knew a maller that did weapons (and some miscellaneous stuff) and was very successful at it (now he's much a loner, and stocks everything he can find). It wouldn't be that different from other malls, so I think it can be done Also, more mallers, more traffic. Who fills the spot deserves some consideration (like we always do).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4bruders

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:04 am

I might be interested in taking Battledome Equipment and giving up food and bakery. Getting a little bored on Neo, so a change might be nice. I loath the idea of changing stock, but that is something to deal with. Plus, the Battledome is my primary interest on Neo and it is a category I have always wanted to try.

What is involved with Earth Faerie quests? It has been so long since I had one, I do not remember what she ask for. We might explore some other secondary item.

Ling flower Chi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:15 pm

I believe Earth Faerie quests are potions, there isn't a wide range of items.

If Ling changes to Battledome, I'd be interested in trying foods, gastronomy is a personal interest of mine. A new member could then take on the quest shop I currently occupy, which is a pretty nice category.

Now this sounds complicated O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Egg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:08 pm

lol - introducing the proverbial can of worms!

No, this is great. This is the time to think about switching, and if Weapons sounds good to you, Ling, that's cool by me. Roby, you and Amber would be splitting the gastronomical delights, but I think we have the division finally clear. Have a look at Ling's shop (it won't take long!! Very Happy ) and maybe you two could discuss her helpful experience.

The only real complication would be if somebody else felt strongly about any of the categories we're talking about. I don't want to cut off that kind of discussion, but I figure first-come-first-served should be fair.

This will mean a revamp of the banner, and Xaheras is busy until the weekend. I have an idea I'd like to try out for the buttons too, so this will probably take us a couple weeks to finish the switch. I hope you're OK with that, zoro!

I'll let nstarz (my first choice) know we're thinking about switching up categories and there may be something available for him soon. Anyone else want to grab an opening here?

OH! Almost forgot --- Ling, there's a link to a Quest Items Listing page at the top of the forum which you should have a look at. It's kept up to date pretty well and will tell you everything to need to know about what the earth faerie really wants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:57 pm

This all sounds nice to me =).

As I understand we are moving as such:

Zoro splits to the condensed Training section.

Ling takes Weapons.

I'll move to Foods.

We offer Nstarz Light Faerie/Grooming/Meds

Sounds fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Egg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:40 pm

Thanks for the summary, Roby. That's the way it looks at this point, I believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:13 pm

Wow, sounds like fun Smile

If anyone wants a hand stocking for a new category let me know.

It'll be great to get a new mall member!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoro

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:48 pm

Thank you for working with me. I really need to downsize my involvement until I am done with my doctorate program. The program is not my choice, it is a requirement of my job. In todays economic times I see it as a necessity to keep my job. To make the best of things, I am happy with one button and retaining faeries and training. I am comfortable with what ever decision our mall community makes about the redistribution of weapons and quest items. My plan is to continue to reinvest profits into shop growth. While I will not be active in other ways I can give the mall a shop presence that is somewhat high in the main market. I am sorry that my situation has disrupted the stability of the mall. zoro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4bruders

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:01 pm

OK, looks like a go then. I will continue the food shop and get ready for the Battle/Quest shop in the meantime, which is good so I can get rid of some stock and make some NPs for restock. Let us know when you guys are ready with the banner and graphics. Thanks, Ling
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Egg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:51 pm

Roby has a timing problem on making the switch, and Xaheras is swamped and can't guarantee to have the banner ready for this weekend.

Zoro, you sound anxious to unload the Weapons.

Ling and nstarz, I don't know how you feel about timing one way or the other.

I'll be out for a few hours tonight, but how about this:

Zoro lets her Weapons sell out and just pretends she has the training/faeries shop.

Ling and Roby keep their shops open, but start amassing what they'll need for their new category.

Nstarz opens his Grooming/Faerie shop and prices as though he's in the mall at his leisure, then waits for the new banner and the others to switch.

I haven't heard from Roby about how long he'll need if we put off a weekend opening, and I don't know if Xa will suddenly find the time and energy to get the banner done for Friday, so this is just a discussion, not a decision.

Oh, and spunky said she'd try to help with stocking new categories. Maybe she can offer a way to relieve some pressure, too.

We can work this out! :happybunch:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4bruders

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:38 pm

Sounds good to me; I could use some extra time. My work has been quite busy lately.

Roby I will respond to your neomail when I have time for a proper response. You had a ton of questions piled into that one mail. So, maybe later today or tomorrow I will respond. Thanks for be patient.

Ling flower Chi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoro

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm happy to let the weapons sell off. I'm just restocking the faeries and training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:39 am

My situation is that the homestay family I'm with is generously taking me on vacations for the next week (You can probably count on my return on Sunday the 11th after I leave Saturday the 3rd); however, there is absolutely no internet there. As such unless everyone really puts the pedal to the metal, I won't but able to run my new category for that week.

On the flipside, I'm happy to wait the week, let items sell out/down. I've already dumped by SDB in my shop. I think this option is best as when I come back I can quickly (I hope!) mark down my items and start my new shop. I've already stockpiled a carbon copy of Ling's stock in some capacity. I plan to start with a carbon copy of her shop and add or subtract as I need.

Ling, don't hurry about the mail, I got a little carried away with the questions and am not in a rush for the answers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Egg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:09 am

Sounds good, everyone. I'm happy to slow the pace, and keep everyone's stress levels low.

The 14th seems so distant though. ******* waiting is hard! LOL

:lounge:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:31 pm

My first post ^^. It took me a while to find the right thread to post at...

I am currently a Toy shop... I hope it is ok for me to sell my items, I might just put everything half price to sell them quickly. Is that ok sillyjillyprincess ? Or maybe I can sell some of the stock to you. I can also decide to just put them all in the SDB, but I think I have too much valuables there and would like more play neopoints to invest into my shop.

I am also in no big rush, as it might take me a week or so to get my shop right. I don't want to spend too much time during work Neutral But it looks like it should be done in a few hours (3 pages of stock for robi Razz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Egg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:46 pm

nstarz, you are free from any restrictions until you have the banner, so clear your stock out however you like. Your sales will have no impact on Jill's shop, or on the mall in general. Since it's looking like we'll have a couple weeks before we're ready for you, you don't even have to sell super-low.

Roby, were you by any chance keeping the spreadsheet I sent you up to date?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:07 pm

I'm afraid I only used it as a historical reference Egg. My tracking methods are comparatively crude, but take much less time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:28 pm

I'm back. I've got almost all my stock in order (about an hours more work) although my shop hasn't sold out. I'm thinking that I'll reduce the prices tomorrow (today really) in the morning and see what sells. What doesn't sell I'll throw in the SDB and slowly sell it putting one or two items in at a time. We're still planning for the 14th as the change day, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Egg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:14 pm

Xaheras should be working on the graphics tomorrow (Monday) and we're hoping it'll be done and ready to go live that night or the next morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:23 am

Hi all,

Just thought I'd give you the heads up that I've already sold off my stock and changed my category accordingly. I didn't want to have to jump the gun on this issue but as I had the time and was (and still am) uncertain about the near future and internet access I felt I had to get it done.

So my apologies for going a little bit ahead, I hope this isn't going to be an issue for the mall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Category splitting again - Weapons / Training   

Back to top Go down

Category splitting again - Weapons / Training
Page 1 of 1