A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Welcome, NSTARZ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Egg
Admin

PostSubject: Welcome, NSTARZ   Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:39 am

Hey nstarz - here's a place for you to talk to the mall members, and for us to get to know you. It would be great if you could talk a little about yourself, and your Neo-goals, and your expectations from malling. Anything you'd like to share.

Sorta like this -

I'm eggwalterpunkone on Neopets, I like Lennies, the battledome, and Neoquest. I've been playing since Nov. 2002, and malling since Spring 2006.

I'm an accountant in real life, have a husband, 4 kids, 2 cats, 1 dog, and live in central British Columbia, Canada. One of my kids is responsible for introducing me to Neopets, and in retaliation, I've gotten her into malling here! LOL

This mall was started by a couple names you'll remember: Ronaldbiliusweasley (Rhett), Liessakitten03, and smurfie (pferde80) who still hangs around here occassionally as Heather. We've never run ads, and have resisted placing minimum requirements on members (so far). The leadership style here is mostly to be supportive, and to recognize each member as responsible for their own shop, and to remember that this is first of all a game!

There - that's enough of me! :whiteflag: You'll find more about the mall itself, and some clues to the way we run things in other places here. Feel free to look around!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:28 am

Hi nstarz Very Happy

I'm fairly new around here - joined up when my old mall (Diamond Mine Mall) closed up. Not sure how much you already know about me through FC, but I used to play neopets a LONG time ago, left for a number of years, and only came back last year (around the time of survivor).

I really like malling and my category - I enjoy working on the look of my shop, which I can do because I don't carry quest items.

Hope you like it here as much as I do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoro

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:24 am

Hey nstarz it's been a while. I think we were in the old neodaq mall together. welcome, zoro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:06 am

Hi Nstarz,

I'm Roby, I joined PFM some months ago when my shop was size 65. I've since run Maps/Gifts and most recently Air Faerie/Grooming/Meds. If you're a good fit for us I'll be moving to the Foods/Bakery area.

I look forward to hearing more about you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nstarz_

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:46 pm

I'm nstarz on Neopets, I like Maraquan pets, the Battledome, Neodaq and Food Club. I've been playing since Oct. 2003 (Ewp is older Razz ), and malling since...well, let's just say that Zoro and I were in the first Neodaq mall.

I'm a system administrator (IT/computer work) in real life, have no husband, no kids, but in my lifetime I have owned almost a dozen dogs (the most alive at one time is 3), and live in San Jose, Ca. My first girlfriend is responsible for introducing me to Neopets, and in retaliation, I sent her to Oklahoma City*

*Don't ask. That was her punch line.

I'm a huge regular in the Neodaq Forum, averaging 3 posts for over 5 years now scratch

My goals for the year consist of finishing my Masters (MBA) by May and to own a million Neodaq stocks in May, also, but I re-calculated the trend and it will have to be done in June.

Even though my current profession is in Computers, I'm a huge numbers person, and an even bigger sports fan.

Spunky! Have we met? you look familiar Suspect Yes, we met thru Survivor II and Food Club.

zoro! beside the first Neodaq Mall we were also in the first Survivor game.

Hi Roby, if I am in, I will be asking you a lot of questiosn since I been a Toy Shop for years and have no experience in Air Faerie and Meds.

pfizzgig is probably the only person I also know from the shop, who taught me that it doesn't snow in Christmas in Australia...

PS. pfizzgig's Banner is down since photobucket has a bandwidth restriction:

I remember all 3 members who started the mall. (I was getting my Bachelors and took a semi-vacation for 2 years during those times)

My current shop size is: Size 344. I can upgrade that very quickly, as soon as profits come in. I have locked down 1-2 million for purchasing stocks, but also have not sold any stocks this year, even though there are a few dozen ripe for the selling. My goal is to hit main some day... which may take about 22 million.

Anyways, I would like to start this malling business again to catch up on everyone's big sticks in the battledome! My current set is only good enough to tie the best battlers out there and Snoopete, my lovely battling Maraquan Kau, is currently in the process of being trained to be a Top League 8.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:17 pm

*waves*

I recently got started battling..Nearconic is still a baby in league 7, but I'm hoping to get her (I still think of her as a him, which is how s/he started out Sad ) some cool toys later, once I stop upgrading my shop!

I am currently studying too, although not an MBA like you. And I probably won't finish for another couple of years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nstarz_

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:54 pm

You can also fight the "Lab Ray Scientist" until he changes your pet's gender. Smile
Back to top Go down
tsangpo

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi i'm tsangpo or g4kki (my username on neodaq).

I'm a 2nd year engineering student in Melbourne. I currently am in the stamps/cards/scratchcards section of the mall and have grown from around 400 to where I am now over my approximately 6 months with the mall.

Sorry my introduction is a bit brief but I have a pretty full weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Egg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:50 pm

So hey, nstarz - you've had a chance to look around. You may have noticed that you'll be the twelfth shop in the mall. It's a fairly large group, made up of more specialized shops than is common. We've split some categories that usually go together. What this does for us is increase our market presence, at the same time as it reduces shop workload.

We also have a diverse group, with representation from several time-zones, ages, and mall-experience levels.

Our expectations for each shop are simple: planned growth, regular shop maintenance, forum participation, frequent posting of sales figures, and the usual banner requirements. More detailed rules and regs in the Phoenix Remix section and FAQs at the top of the forum.

If you join us, we will be moving a few shops around, leaving Grooming and Meds for you. This is a Quest shop, so you'd have to be able to ensure tht the Quest items are always stocked, and you'd get an extra button: one for Grooming, one for Meds, and one for Air Faerie Quest.

To mall-members:
A couple of people haven't been in this weekend, but I'd like to open up the voting and give it a few days. If you haven't introduced yourself yet, please do, and either vote in the poll, or PM your decision to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xaheras

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:52 am

Morning.

I'm xaheras (hera). I'm Egg's daughter. I like cows, and then the neopets equivalent kaus. I am a teacher and a tutor, so my days are pretty packed, between the teaching, tutoring, planning and marking.

I run the petpets/lab maps/paintbrushes shop. Originally when I was in the mall a while ago, I was doing cards and collectibles.

I have been on Neopets for almost 8 years. I joined in November 2001.

Pleased to meet you! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nstarz_

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:49 pm

8 years ago? Shocked

Nice to miss you Ms. xaheras Very Happy

My main pet is Snoopete, a very specially painted Kau.
Back to top Go down
4bruders

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi nstarz! Welcome to the mall. Sounds like you are well-known and well-liked by several mall members, so that is proof enough for me that you are the right choice.

I am Ling Chi, and I currently have the Food/Bakery spot; however, I am switching to Battle/Defense and Earth Faerie Quests. This is my 3rd mall. I was originally in a guild mall for Forgotten Warriors, which got me started, then to Hrobi's mall with cards/stamps, and finally ending up here. While I have no complaints about the previous malls, I do think this mall has the best communication and synergy among its members. The forum really aids our communication and is a very nice touch. Egg does a great job keeping things in good order around here, so I think you will be happy.

Anyway, we can talk more late.

Ling flower Chi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:13 am

Greetings nstarz Very Happy

Long time no see. I think we had a bit of drizzle this christmas - Its all going downhill dontcha know No

I have the Backgrounds & Trinkets slot in the mall at the moment, havent had a lot of time for socializing lately as I just started a new job, but things are settling down Smile Its great to see you around, hope to be doing it more often.

~Pfizz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Egg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:58 pm

Yeehaw! cheers We have a new member! nstarz has agreed to join us, and to take on the Gooming/Med department. :hiphip:

NOTE:
The banner won't be ready before at least Friday, so for those who will be switching, please hang on just a bit. Get in touch with each other and pass on useful info if you like, or post data here. I hope you can absorb costs of holding two sets of inventories for a brief spell, so you can have your new categories ready to go.

Back to the welcome ... *slaps nstarz on the back* Glad to have you with us, and I hope you will find your partnership here rewarding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:25 pm

Oooh...this timing is the pits for me! I leave Saturday morning for Semana Santa vacations. I'll be without internet for what looks like a week or more.

I will try and stock up the shop to a good state before, but if no one objects I'm going to markdown my Grooming/Meds/Air Faerie inventory now so I can have a clear shop and not have to deal with restocking it all later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blkshygurl

PostSubject: welcome nstarz!   Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:10 pm

There's a nice, friendly group of people here. Everybody is always open to any questions, so feel free to ask/neomail. I'm Amber btw, I do neggs and drinks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:26 pm

Yay! Welcome nstarz! :clapclap:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, NSTARZ   

Back to top Go down

Welcome, NSTARZ
Page 1 of 1