Phoenix Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.

Go down 
+3
Pfizzgig
Egg
Roby
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Roby

Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. Empty
PostSubject: We no longer have a problem!   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:38 pm

This happened just a second ago. No, I did not break the rules. I did receive a neomail moments after advertising my shop on the shop boards with some junk about "I saw this link about you, go to here and here." That kind of thing. The link was http://neo avatars.tk/ DON'T click it! It looked familiar so I went. Stupid me. In any case, no information was entered and a broken link loaded when I went there.

I am working on resolving this issue now. The only thing going through my head is STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID ><.

Quote :
WARNING!

This account has been FROZEN for the following reason:

You may have either fallen for a scam or submitted your account information to a fake login page. If you have submitted your account information to a "Neopets Moderator" or "Admin" scam page, just know that we will not be unfreezing the account. If you would like information on getting your account back, please contact us by clicking here.

If you think the above reason was applied to you by mistake, please contact our support staff by clicking here. Don't forget to include your USERNAME and explain why you think your account should not have been frozen. If you DID break the rules, please do not contact us again. Your account will NOT be unfrozen and you will not get your Neopet or items returned. But, you are welcome to create a new account, as long as you follow the rules.

Remember to read our Terms and Conditions thoroughly.

As of May 28th, I'm back.

Last edited by Roby on Thu May 28, 2009 2:58 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:49 pm

I have submitted my appeal/request for return and received the infamous:

Quote :
We will be looking into your situation shortly. Because our automated system tells you the reason you were frozen as soon as you try to log into your account, if it is obvious that you DID break the rules, do not expect a personalized reply. If you were the victim of a scam and someone else got into your account and got it frozen, please be patient as we investigate your situation. Because account loss is beyond our control, we cannot guarantee that your account will be returned to you, but we will investigate and do our best to help you. Unfortunately, lost items and Neopoints cannot be returned. We reply to these e-mails in the order in which they are received, so please do not submit more than one form for the same situation. Sending multiple e-mails only slows things down. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:32 pm

affraid

It looks like you're back ok now. That's pretty darn fast for TNT. Is everything where you left it?

[edit]

gack. That's not your original account! I missed the double __. You're gonna use a backup account for now? I'm so sorry, Roby!
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:15 am

The backup was made as of 6 hours ago. I intended to neomail you with it. Turns out you need to wait 12 hours before that. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

I think, I will give it 3 days. If I don't have an account back by then I'll look to set up a temporary shop. You should be aware, I have absolutely no cash on my account, which would mean, unfortunately, I'd have to leech off the rest of the mall. This is something I would really rather avoid.
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:32 am

Awww Roby, that stinks Sad

Hopefully TNT will sort it out, seems like a fairly simple case to me judging from their message to you.

If mooching is required, I have a SDB full of junk, bound to be at least some decent stock in there. Whats your new account name?
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:00 am

Roby - If you're wanting to get a start on a new interim shop, I've put up some lots of food in my trades on neo. Mostly cheap stuff I think though I'm not sure what sells well. Just bid junk, and put up some other junk trades if you could please Smile
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:04 pm

Let's hold off on that Pfizz.

I just got this mail:
Quote :

Hello,

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, the information you provided does not match any in our records. If you cannot give us the correct info requested, we will not release any information about the account in question.

If you cannot provide: the correct birth date for this username, previous passwords in the account that only the person who created it would know, provide or write from the email address that created the account, list pet equipment, stocks you have bought, active trades or auctions you have, names on your Neofriends list, etc ... we will have to consider this issue closed.

If you have any other questions, don't forget to include the entire text of this e-mail with your username clearly at the top. This will help us better address your situation.

Emily T.
emily@support.neopets.com

The quick response is reassurring, but I wonder why my information did not match. I'll mail her back and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:16 pm

I've replied to that, hopefully I'll get a second look *fingers crossed*

Edit, since you've already got the trades up, I've offered Pfizz. This way you're inventory won't get cloughed up and I'll have a head start on a new shop, if it comes to that.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:33 am

I'll go through my SDB soon too Roby - hopefully you will get your account back Sad

EDIT - I knew I should have checked before I got it all out of my SDB...

Quote :
roby__367 cannot carry any more items! The maximum anybody can carry is 50.

Let me know when you can accept more stuff. I have a bunch of food of varying quality. After my recent upgrade and spending up on NBads I don't have pure I can send for upgrades, but at least I can give you items Smile
Back to top Go down
tsangpo

tsangpo

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:20 am

I don't have any foods but I can help with some of the upgrading if you don't get an answer back soon.
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:48 am

Can someone break that link, I was tempted to click on it Embarassed without reading the "DONT CLICK ON IT" part.

Hope you get your account back soon.
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:44 pm

I've broken the link.

I also got another e-mail today.

Quote :
I'm sorry, the email address is not correct.

Emily T.

I've honestly freaked out. I've got one last ditch effort to get it back (there was another possible e-mail) but what worries me is that I went to create a new account with my usual address, but was told 5 accounts were already associated with this e-mail. I then went to check which accounts these were (though I know you can't recover from e-mails with multiple accounts) and I was told no accounts were associated with that e-mail.

Hopefully I'll get my account back, I'll give it until tomorrow. But if not, I'm just going to begin rebuilding.
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Good luck with the continued efforts Roby!

There is a bunch more food in my trades if you want to pick it up. I know we're all still holding out hope but if not.. at least you're prepared Smile
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:06 pm

That is really odd - I wonder if it's a malicious hacker not only breaking into accounts but then also creating new accounts with that email address and self-freezing them or something to stop you being able to get your old account back...
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Quote :
You should now have access to your account. Your new password is --------. Make sure to change your password at http://www.neopets.com/userinfo.phtml as soon as you get back in.

Emily T.
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:00 pm

All is in the same place, but I have to reprice my stock now, I'll be back in business in about an hour. Thanks for the support guys, Spunky, would you like your food back?
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Um, I didn't get to send you any in the end - you were full by the time I got to you. Maybe it was pfizz?

Great news on the account Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:13 pm

I meant Pfizz there. I even thought when I wrote it "make sure you put Pfizz". Then I put Spunky.
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Congratulations Roby! Very Happy

Naw, if you can use the stock feel free to.
Back to top Go down
tsangpo

tsangpo

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Good that you're back with us
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:03 pm

:hiphip:

What a relief! Great news, Roby. Holler if you need anything now.
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:49 am

Yay! Congrats Roby.

What information did you need to furnish to get your account back?
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:39 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked I'm glad you got your account back! That was a rough experience.
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Thanks for the welcome back guys, it was quite a scare.

The only information I gave that was new was an old email it had been registered on, though I'm sure it was registered on my regular email when I sent that information. Odd. But it's all okay now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.   Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Houston, we have a problem! -- I'm iced.
Page 1 of 1