Phoenix Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Phuture of the Phoenix decided

Go down 
+5
spunky_munky_gal
blkshygurl
nstarz
zoro
Egg
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Egg
Admin
Egg

The Phuture of the Phoenix decided Empty
PostSubject: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:34 am

Y'know what? How would we feel about breaking up the mall at this point?

I'm a little discouraged with the slow-down of traffic in Neopia generally, and the workload of running a mall shop and running the mall itself. THrow in the hackings and freezings, and the insecure feeling you get while shop-wizzing to replenish the shop. THen there's the busyness and distractions of (admittedly) more fun activities in Neopia, and - sheesh - real life. Besides, I like other games online and sometimes it's really nice to just read a book.

So anyway, maybe we could dial back the mall to just a few categories for whoever wants to stay linked. If so, I'll keep Clothes and Wearables. Keep in mind we'd have to give up the banner buttons, cuz I don't want dead links, and we don't have anyone to redesign it.

Instead of a directory banner, we could use the top banners to link to each other, I think. If you want to stay together.

Last edited by Egg on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:07 am

I'm ready to take a big break from malling. These days I feel like having a big shop in a good mall makes people target the account for hacking. I'm just tired of it. I have one account left and at this point I'm just playing games... I hate to see the end of Phoenix because we have a nice community but perhaps its time. Sad
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:34 pm

I like to stay link, no matter what the category is.
Back to top Go down
blkshygurl

blkshygurl

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:25 pm

I definitely understand where you're coming from Egg, it seems as if our mall has been hit hard by catastrophe after catastrophe. For me, although I love being in our mall, I wouldn't be interested in just top banner linkage. I guess I'm in the minority, but I still enjoy malling, even with reduced time spent on it, and I like this notion of a large group of people coming together for a common cause. If we do decide to disband, I would probably vacate my spot(s), and move on. It wouldn't be to another mall immediately, but sometime in the near future I would probably end up joining another mall.

Again, while I understand your position, and I think trying to run a mall without a person with coding skills might make this move imminent, I am still in favor of malling. I would rather stay with Phoenix, but I am not interested in simply linking with each other without a mall banner.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:07 am

Good discussion, guys - thanks. I'll send out neomails tonight and see what the rest of the group has to say.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:12 am

sorry I was slow to get here..I have a crazy life right now!

I too would much rather keep the mall going and would probably seek another mall should we decide to fold PF. I appreciate the work that you do egg - perhaps we can look at sharing that around a little? Maybe we also need to try recruiting someone who can code. I'm not sure where we might look, but I'm sure we can find someone Smile

Back to top Go down
lottie24

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:11 am

I would prefer to stay malling.
Back to top Go down
msn_fanatic

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:34 pm

I joined this mall when I first started studying law and now I have graduated. This mall still holds sentimental value to me and Egg always runs things well. I would like for the mall to stay together. I hope everyone doesn't get discouraged by the slow traffic because that's mainly due to the plot. In my opinion, Neopets keeps improving content; I find Neopets more fun now than when I first joined. But what you all want to do it's solely up to you individually because I have plenty of things right now in RL and I can't share in the responsibilities of running this mall. I would love for the mall to maintain its current form but I will respect your decisions either way. Happy Holidays to All!
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Thanks for that note, msn. It does have sentimental value for me too, and I like playing in Neopia still, even though there are more pressing issues than whether Snowager is asleep. (Although his 2pm nap still calls to me.)

I still figure that malling is worth while for the income, and still have reasons to amass NPs. If I get 100% response, I will make a concerted effort to recruit the missing shops over the holidays.

Still MIA - g4kki and pfizzy.
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:16 am

Been thinking on this for a couple of days, sorry.
I like the Mall, I like tinkering with my shop from time to time, but my interest in the rest of Neopets is gradually waning. I probably wouldnt bother seeking out another Mall if the Pheonix folded.
I'll still be here if you guys decide to stick it out, but I do realize the effort to keep us going is mainly yours, Egg. Its hard work and you shouldnt have to do it if you feel you'd rather not. So in short.. our fate is in your hands as far as I'm concerned Smile
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:51 pm

BTW, I can code HTML if that is what you guys are talking about.
Back to top Go down
tsangpo

tsangpo

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:26 am

I will probably come back to malling at some point in the future and phoenix is the place I'ld go first in pretty much whatever form it is then. However I understand its a fair bit of effort to keep it all going especially with the coding and graphics.
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:33 pm

I just stopped in to say hi. Hope things are going well. I'm sloooowly rebuilding on bean_jean. zoro
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:59 am

nice to see you zoro I love you
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am

Hey zoro. Smile Have fun with your rebuilding!

NOTICE:
You know, guys, I haven't updated my shop since Christmas. I have to admit that I will miss the revenue, but I need to take a break. Not from Neo exactly, but from malling.

I've decided I can't spend the time it takes to keep this group functioning well, and I don't want to hold anyone back from their own success. I just have to bring Phoenix Feather to a close.

I will keep this forum open for all current and former mall-buddies, so feel free to stop in to wave anytime, but replies will probably be random. I'll send out neomails to everyone tonight.

Thanks for your patience and willingness to stick it out with me! It's been a great ride. Started in March 2006!! My battle set thanks the shoppers of Neopia - stocks couldn't have done for my neo-wealth what malling has. If anyone wants to join another mall and they ask for references, I will gladly speak for any of you.

If I find myself unemployed (!) with time on my hands in the future, I might just want to restart this. If so, I will post at the Daq, and I'll look you all up. I'm not offering to pass on the Phoenix Feather Mall itself to another player though, and respectfully ask that you all remove your banners by the end of January.

Thanks,spunky, pfizzy, g4kki, Amber, Lottie, msn, nstarz, and zoro, and thanks to all the former members - from smurfie and ronaldbiliusweasley and company, through the aurigryphon days, and the abreev and zeesaxa era, and the purkarella period. pirat May your Random Events be good, your snipes be profitable, and your attack icon be maxed. See you all around ...
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:06 am

Crying or Very sad

This has been my second mall, and very fun. I will be looking for another mall, but it won't be the same. Good luck to anyone else looking for another home.

I understand Egg, although I'm very sorry you've taken that decision. I'd be more than happy to consider returning to Phoenix Feather if the occasion should ever arise.

Stay in touch everyone *hugs*
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:00 am

Egg I certainly understand your need to take a break. This has been my favorite mall. I've really enjoyed working with all of you and I appreciated the cooperative spirit. I will drop in now and then. I hope everyone continues to enjoy Neo and that you don't encounter the dark side of Neopia. Hugs, zoro
Back to top Go down
blkshygurl

blkshygurl

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:36 am

Well Egg it's been a great time, and I'm sad to see the mall break up, but I understand. I will probably be looking for another mall eventually, but I think right now I am going to let my stock dwindle and see what happens. I will definitely be open to joining the mall again, and I wish everybody good luck and a fun time on Neo.
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Neomail received.

Shocked

I'll miss this mall too and will look for another mall eventually.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:23 am

Yeah, I'm sorry too. It's a kinda empty feeling, yknow?

Anyway, more time for the p3s and I still have to conquer NQ1 InSaNe. There's plenty to do in Neopia, and most of you hang around Neodaq at least occasionally, so nobody's too far off to keep in touch with.

One last thing before we take down all our banners will be to update the Directory, for posterity. Thanks Like a Star @ heaven Amber Like a Star @ heaven for helping out with that before I even asked!
Back to top Go down
msn_fanatic

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:17 pm

aww that stinks... Sad well gl everybody
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Phuture of the Phoenix decided   The Phuture of the Phoenix decided I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Phuture of the Phoenix decided
Page 1 of 1