Phoenix Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!

Go down 
+5
4bruders
tsangpo
Auri
Roby
Egg
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Egg
Admin
Egg

Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! Empty
PostSubject: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:37 am

A game should make Moving Day more fun. Can you figure out what your first message should contain? "Here's another clue for you all ...." Let's just say, it's something moving for moving day! Can you name it? Wink This will entitle you to a task reward ...

You'll have to find out where to say it, somewhere else though. geek

hahaha I amaze myself sometimes! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:48 am

The Moving Day Game ends tonight! You're all invited to the closing ceremonies, shortly after 8 pm NST.

There will be an inspiring speech, revealing of all the clues, handing out of gifts and prizes, and general frivolity and hijinks. (provided I can round up a decent speaker, remember the clues, shop for gifts, and hire a troupe of jesters ... )
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:59 pm

Looks at Roby's frantic deciphering in sympathy. SOOOO close! If only someone met with him it would help him out ... If you guys want to meet there and talk amongst yourselves, I'll attend to the party preparations.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:00 pm

Well, I'm not a party person, but this can't be hard. I just need to put out some plate and cups, ... oh. Tables would help. and chairs I guess. Do party planner types recommend patio lanterns anymore?

sheesh.

OK, here's a little trick I learned over at the Daq -

*SNAPS FINGERS*

Snazzy party decor materializes in large ballroom, perfectly suited to everybody's taste all at once! Heheh that WAS easy! *checks out foozeball table in the corner*
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Agenda

Speeches
Revealing and explaining game
Prizes
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:14 pm

*taps mike* is this thing on? ...

Hello! Welcome to the new Phoenix Feather Mall community forum. I hope everyone enjoys the new atmosphere and the features here, and you find the subforums fun and useful for keeping in touch with the rest of the group.

We're pretty well set now, with a full house, and this board, and the banner updates. Fortunately I've had lots of spare time to devote to getting things on track and running smoothly. I have to cut back now, though, time-wise. I can keep up with recruiting, as long as there's no mass exodus, and I can organize the Secret Shopper thing. I might try to get something organized around hut-chasing later, and maybe work on some game or contest if there's any interest. But for the most part, we're going to have to try to be self-sufficient, and self-regulating.

In case you don't know, I have gotten some pretty positive responses from people who are impressed with this mall, the way we're set up, and the shops we've assembled. That's us! Very Happy They're looking at us from the outside, and Neopians - from Newbies to veteran Mallers - are impressed. It looks good on paper, but when it works, it feels great to be part of it! I've even been asked if there's a waiting list to get in! Crazy!!

If you want to rake in the profits and realize your dream battle set, or complete that gallery, or play with fancy new toys in your new Neohome, it won't take much, but it will take a bit of effort to be a positive force in the group. Look around - you're part of a group of people who've been invited here because ... ok, well because you asked! lol But still, there was something each of you could bring to the group that was valuable - over and beyond the items you could put on your shelves, or your position in the market. I think there's a good chance we will be able to work together, get rich, and have fun doing so.

*steps away from mike*
Public speaking!? who's idea was this anyway. *takes deep breath and takes mike again*

.... wait for it ....

Last edited by Egg on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:17 pm

*scattered applause from the one viewer*

That was in the script right?
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:20 pm

oh my goodness - an actual audience!! woohoo!

OK, I'm going to open the floor up for anyone who likes public speaking, or who has anything to say to the group. I'll just be working over here on some stuff.

Thanks

*bows and exits stage left*

no... I mean stage right.
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:30 pm

Alright,

In the real world, I like public speaking, so I'll give it a shot.

I'm new to the Phoenix Feather Mall, and let me say I've been floored. It wasn't two weeks ago when I sent my application off to purkarella, not expecting much more than a polite message reading "well, we're looking for someone bigger." What I got was a reply from Egg, asking me more questions, and it's been a whirlwind since then. Next thing I knew I was in the forum introducing myself, then I had a category, then I was stocking my shop, and then I had sales. I've got a spiffy banner to go with my page now, thanks to Egg and Xaheras, and I've got a community of fellow neopians and mallers, and maybe one day friends, to support and be supported by.

Since Day 1, I've been impressed with this flawlessly organized group, I was impressed by the first forum, then we got to move to the second. The Moving Day Game took me a little by surprise, it was like a plot outside Neopets, and it was something I had never seen before. Fortunately Xaheras pointed me in the right direction here and then the real part of the game began and I had a little fun trying to find my way around.

I didn't solve it in the end, but the new forums are awesome, and I looked forward to a long relationship that is both fruitful and profitable.
Back to top Go down
Auri

Auri

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:35 pm

Well, I'm a bit tired, so there won't be any speechification from me, but I have to say, Egg, you have done a GREAT job pulling things together- all of your hard work on recruiting and the new forum really shows!

I'm glad to see all of the new members bringing their enthusiasm to the group. I wish y'all the best of luck- I think you have the potential to go far. Smile

Happy malling, everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://alicorn.critter.net
tsangpo

tsangpo

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:36 pm

*Walks in to enjoy the speeches and applaud.*
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:42 pm

thank you Roby, and Auri, for the wonderful impromptu speeches! That was a perfect cover for me getting the next part ready. Wink

Glad to see Ling and g4kki arriving. *waves to growing audience*
Back to top Go down
4bruders

4bruders

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:45 pm

Thanks for the great speech Egg, and despite your modesty, you are a great public speaker (or writer, I still puzzled). I think you are probably quite capable of a fillabuster! Also, thanks for all the work to not only keep this unique mall together after the previous exodus, but making it exceptional. The work you did to get this new forum up and running is appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:48 pm

Moving Day Game - Plan and explanation

HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO WORK
Setup:
Get Auri to post in her Sales thread:
Auri wrote:
Here's a little message Egg wanted me to leave with you guys:

"Did anyone notice my new signature? It's a highlight of the forum!
Love, Egg"
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Then change the name of that section to include the work "Tracking".

Then set up a Moving Day thread on old forum with the following:
Quote :
There are clues scattered around here. I wouldn't be surprised if a former mall leader had been involved with this, if you can track *hint hint* her down.

Last edited by Egg on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:53 pm

* egg will add link to the new board in my sig at the old board (in hidden text)

(there was a lot of text-hiding going on!)

* egg will post a message in Individual Sales Tracking >> Egg's Shell > hinting for everyone to make their own Sales Tracking thread *in hidden text*
Egg wrote:
What would make a good first post for the moving day game? Not sure what, but very sure where ...
Can they follow my lead and open their own tracking thread? We shall see. We shall see. mwahahaha! <--- albino
Yoda must be my role model! What a Face
see Egg's Shell, last post

* egg will post a message in Staff Picnic >> Moving Day! > hinting that everyone needs to post in their Sales thread certain words: "I Met the Walrus" <-- albino

Which will be revealed in a second.

Egg wrote:
A game should make Moving Day more fun. Can you figure out what your first message should contain? "Here's another clue for you all ...." Let's just say, it's something moving for moving day! Can you name it? Wink This will entitle you to a task reward ...

You'll have to find out where to say it, somewhere else though.:

A little reference to more Beatles lyrics which got Roby really excited! "Here's another clue for you all ...." the rest of that bit was to make you think of things like MOVIE and TITLE and BEATLES or John Lennon.

Last edited by Egg on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:55 pm

This board is a real page turner! (Is impressed with how punny he is)
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:03 pm

OK this part is the weirdest part, because so much kinda worked by accident, but then it diodn't work at all, because it was too hard.

So I tried to point to a MOVIE because of MOVING day. Then I had to make you post the title of the movie (video), so there were assorted references to the words of the title, then I kept hearing the words of the song so I changed the TITLE of the message to a new colour top make it significant. And added bolding all over the place.

The "excessive excessive excessive" is just the way my mind works. But Roby noticed that even that was a reference to a movie! so how come no one watched the crazy video?? I may never know LOL

Do you know what you were supposed to add to your post yet?
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:09 pm

If you want to peak at the answer, have a closer look at the mssg above that says "certain words: ________________________" <-- albino

You see it now, right?

Last edited by Egg on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:16 pm

Thanks for the explanation egg, I'm too tired to think about what exactly you wanted us to add, but I've figured out enough to be satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:20 pm

The final list of accomplished tasks:

1 - find the new board & post as a Guest on the board

Jill
g4kki
grooveys/zoro
hera/Xaheras
Roby
doylergu
4bruders

2 - register as a member & post as a member as instructed (pretty cryptic clues - can you figure it out in time?)

g4kki/ Tsangpo - right place, found the clues
Xahera - right place
Roby - right place
Zoro - roght place

3 - help someone on the way over

Xaheras - and Roby
g4kki - and 4bruders
Back to top Go down
HR

HR

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:24 pm

Auri wrote:
Well, I'm a bit tired, so there won't be any speechification from me, but I have to say, Egg, you have done a GREAT job pulling things together- all of your hard work on recruiting and the new forum really shows!

I'm glad to see all of the new members bringing their enthusiasm to the group. I wish y'all the best of luck- I think you have the potential to go far. Smile

Happy malling, everyone!

I am even more tired than Auri, so unfortunately I am resigned to quoting her non-speech Exclamation Wait, or maybe that's just the apple wine talking. It was supposed to be in Kathy's bday box except that the USPS certainly had other ideas Evil or Very Mad So I am enjoying it for her instead!

But seriously, best wishes on your new, exciting endeavors!

Heather queen

PS - sorry for the edit. I thought it would cause my signature to show up finally, but alas, that was not the case.

Last edited by HR on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Auri

Auri

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:28 pm

You put a lot of thought into the contest. If I ever decide to do something similar, I may have to consult you for some tricks of the trade.

P.S. Ramses farao and I love the new smileys! (Even though Ramses is sick right now. Sad )

P.P.S.- there's one lot for each active member. Don't try to fool me by claiming two! I'll leave them up for the next week or so, or until I need room in my inventory. Wink

P.P.P.S. Is it bad if I end up with more content after the message than is contained in the message itself?

Post-post-post-post-script: Now I see why people on Fark.com are addicted to the after-message slashies.

/Slashie!
Back to top Go down
http://alicorn.critter.net
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:30 pm

Thank you Auri and HR/Heather! I'm glad you both could come by. Hope you will always feel welcome here. This is my tribute to HR that I wanted to keep for posterity (from the other forum):

egg wrote:
My goodness, this is hard.

I don't know if Heather will ever be back to see this but I want to stand up publicly and cheer for everything she has put into this mall of herself.

Heather, Rhett (some of you knew him as ronaldbiliusweasley), and liessakitten03 (kathy), started this place with a vision of gathering people who would work and play together as friends, watching out for each other, and reaping the benefits of cooperation. Sometimes friends make the most trying co-workers though, and we had some drama and misunderstandings.

It takes balance to keep in mind that Neopets is a recreational escape, and Neopoints are simply the symbolic evidence of wasted time ( LOL), but relationships- in "real life" or online - are a vital part of our experience. Good relationships can make the difference between whether you're having fun, or just putting in time, but they take effort and can't (or shouldn't) be taken for granted.

So this business venture is part profit-focused and part community-focussed, and while how well that works is up to each of us, the opportunity to try it was made possible and supported by Heather more than anyone.

Also, there's no one who can chase the good huts like her! If they ever made that an Olympic sport, I'm tellin' ya ...

So three cheers for Heather, and Phoenix Feathers Mall, and all the past leaders (aurigryphon - you listening?) who have kept the mall going.
Back to top Go down
HR

HR

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:43 pm

Awh, that was nice of you to bring over. Far more than necessary though Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!   Pass the popcorn?  Watch it!  What do I say?  Something significant! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pass the popcorn? Watch it! What do I say? Something significant!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next