Phoenix Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seasonal Items

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Roby

Seasonal Items Empty
PostSubject: Seasonal Items   Seasonal Items I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:08 am

I had some time today and was researching my stock looking for ways to freshen it up and knowing Christmas was coming I was looking particularly for seasonal gifts. I bought about a dozen kind of items (all categorized as gifts) and am planning on putting them in my stock as Christmas comes closer. I'm working on how I'll lay out my pages when I do that but in the mean time I have some questions.

Firstly, do these items sell well enough to warrant moving out slow movers to put them in?

Secondly, when is a good time to be putting them in?

And thirdly, does anyone have any thoughts generally on the seasonal items as a whole?

Thanks,

Roby.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

Seasonal Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Items   Seasonal Items I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:39 am

I don't know first hand, but Heather was sure Seasonal gifts were a fantastic opportunity. As for Christmas things, I'd say get on it now! I'm already seeing some extra sales in Advent and winter-type clothes.

I'll ask Heather if she has any specific advice to pass on, but I expect if you just get them in there, and find their sweet spot in pricing, you'll be rewarded!

As for timing generally, as the Gift shop, you have the most to gain from milking the seasons and events. Pretty well, it seems that as soon as one ends, it's time to stock for the next.
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

Seasonal Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Items   Seasonal Items I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:50 am

I used to carry gifts and seasonal is a very profitable niche. I would get your stock up asap because you want to supply the small seasonal shops that many new players will be setting up. The cheaper items do the best. Halloween and Valentines are also profitable seasonal sales.
Back to top Go down
Roby

Seasonal Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Items   Seasonal Items I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:18 pm

I've put in some seasonal items now there's 11 in total, all be carried on the front page. I would have stocked more but the good majority of past advent calendar items (the most seasonal) are furniture, clothes and gifts so I hope they'll be stocked somewhere in our mall Smile.

Oh and Zoro, do you have any suggestions on what to stock for me? I haven't found a ton.

I do however have some crossover with items I felt were rather gift like and had "gift" or "present" or other synonyms thereof in their names. They're below, if anyone has an issue with them, please, let me know.

Seasonal Gift Box --- Toy
Hand Bell --- Instrument
Beautifully Wrapped Present --- Toy

I had also been interested in putting in some Snowglobes and Stockings, but they are generally toys so they are Silly's category first. If she decides to stock them I can drop the one stocking I did put in (Bumper Prize Stocking) which is categorized as a gift so I don't tread on her toes.
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

Seasonal Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Items   Seasonal Items I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:04 pm

Roby, now that I think back I had gifts and seasonal. I was in a mall that was ok with items being in more than one shop at the time. There are a few items in gifts and special that you could add. No one in our mall has special so I think it is fair game for you. You might want to look at neoitems to see what they have one their lists.

Jazzmosis T-Shirt. Chocoball Machine, New Year Calendar, Winter Card, Petpetpet Pop-up Card, Jazzmosis Seasonal Greeting, Christmas Nova
Back to top Go down
SillyJillyPrincess

Seasonal Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Items   Seasonal Items I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:22 am

Feel free to sell snowglobes and sockings. It won't bother me at all. I sell a few different snowglobes, but the overlap shouldn't be a big deal.

Good luck

*hugs*

Jill
Back to top Go down
Roby

Seasonal Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Items   Seasonal Items I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 7:31 pm

Reporting in:

Things seem to be going pretty well. the cheaper items look to sell pretty nicely and the expensive ones move through too. If anyone has pricing suggestions, I'd love to hear them Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seasonal Items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Items   Seasonal Items I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seasonal Items
Page 1 of 1