Phoenix Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!

Go down 
+2
Roby
Egg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Egg
Admin
Egg

Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! Empty
PostSubject: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:10 pm

Quote :
sillyjillyprincess replied:
I'm just not spending enough time keeping my mall shop in good shape. I am spending very little time on Neopets these days, so my shop is sadly neglected with everything else. Its probably time for me to resign. The mall deserves a more active member, than I've been the last few months. Why don't you keep your eyes open for a replacement, and whenever you find a good candidate they can take my slot. I've appreciated all the work you and your daughter have done for the mall, and its probably time for me to graciously make room for someone else.

Sad news, but it looks like we'll be opening up the Toys slot now. If anyone want to make a switch before we go public, speak up.

Alternatively this is an opportunity to think about reconfiguring the categories to maybe address the low sales in some of our members' shops.

Toys could go with ... *thinking .... thinking .... thinking ....*
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Toys could go with Trinkets and Backgrounds. Why? Trinkets are somewhat similar to toys and all of the backgrounds that are sold are introduced much later than most toys. What does this mean? It's like having two shops, you can link directly to the background/trinkets pages while keeping the all important quest items at the front.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:09 pm

I might know a main shop who might be interested in coming in...I just don't know if they'd have the time to make the switch straight away.

Sorry to hear you're leaving Jill Sad
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Sorry to see you go so soon. Hopefully the extra time can help in RL.

I may want to go back to Toys, that was my old shop before I switch to Groom+Meds to join this mall. I still have thousands of Toy items that I just put in my SDB.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:31 am

If nstarz takes Toys, we'll have Grooming & Meds open again.

Does anyone want one or both? Grooming is a Quest, Meds are small enough to tack onto other categories.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:36 am

nstarz really wants the Toys, and since no one else wants Grooming/Meds, I'll advertise. In the meantime, we can pull a quick switch if everyone can get their code changed, since I can take G&M immediately.

As soon as nstarz says he's ready to go, I'll get everyone to replace Jill with nstarz, and nstarz with me. That should work, right, xa?

[edited to add]
If anyone wants to take on Meds temporarily they're welcome to! Then I'll just add the Grooming to my shop. When we get a replacement, we can put the two categories together again.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:36 pm

since nstarz is already sticking his Toys, we'd better move on making this temporary switch quickly. I will try to get my Grooming&Meds priced tonight. If all goes well, we can swap links between us tomorrow, so watch for neomails, or stop in here to see if we're ready to go.

I'm going to be busy until about 8pm NST tonight though, so it may take longer.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:50 pm

OK, here's the scoop -

Pfizz is willing to give Grooming and Meds a try. I think and hope this will work out better for her. I'll take back the Wearables section, with possibly both the trinkets (which we kinda made up ourselves) and the Backgrounds. Pfizz did such a nice job with her "display window" though. Maybe there's a way around moving the BGs.

So, anyway, since it will probably take a few days to get her shop switched around, I have once again priced Grooming in my shop. As soon as possible, could we get everyone to replace the following in the banner button links:

TOYS --- Jill Arrow nstarz
GROOMING --- nstarz Arrow eggwalterpunkone

nstarz, you can remove your Grooming stuff now, and concentrate on the Toys. For the rest of us, this will mean another change almost right away, but it'll be a simple switch of names both times. I'll post this also in the Banner topic.

Anyone have an opinion on what Backgrounds would look like in the Grooming Meds shop?
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Just wondering..what is a trinkets?
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:47 pm

Trinkets is the term that JellyNeo uses for wearables that aren't clothing or backgrounds. So, that would include accessories that sit beside the pet, or the garlands, or things they hold.

It's a handy term, but accessories might be better - if it weren't so long.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:59 am

I'm not sure about backgrounds and meds together...they don't seem to fit naturally. However, most of the backgrounds would be newer than most of the meds, I assume, so perhaps it could work with two buttons taking to specific pages...
Back to top Go down
tsangpo

tsangpo

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:33 am

That's a good idea. It should be fairly easy to get 80 meds on to the first page if you include the desert and remarkable resorative ones that have an item ID before the first backgrounds and we can link to the second page in the mall banner like the scratchcards and stamps are done for me.
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:48 pm

As discussed in pm with Egg - Happy to do whatever is best for the mall.

Meds are almost entirely old items, as are the vast majority of Grooming items. Backgrounds come in more recently towards the end of the scale, though there will be more mixing towards the later pages as time goes on I imagine. Only real reservation is that 4 buttons for a single shop seems incredibly greedy - I'd be willing to bet that Backgrounds would mix with almost any other category in the same way.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:24 am

If it will get you earning profits to grow with, maybe we can handle a little generosity with the buttons for a while.

If Backgrounds don't sell well with you, we can send them back to me, or maybe attract another really big Main shop who wants to semi-retire with them. Keep an eye on the, Pfizz, and let's give it a few weeks.

I hope everyone's OK with this - I'm kinda running with this idea, but you can stop me anytime! geek Can we let Pfizzgig take three attractive product lines and four buttons? Is there another better way boost her sales? Does anyone else have a hankering, and a good business rationale, for taking BGs for themselves?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!   Toy Shop - Jill is leaving! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toy Shop - Jill is leaving!
Page 1 of 1