Phoenix Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Banner is down!

Go down 
+4
Roby
spunky_munky_gal
nstarz
Egg
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Egg
Admin
Egg

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Xaheras is away for the weekend, and she has the photobucket account. I'm trying to get it up and running again quickly.

Sorry about that, guys!
Back to top Go down
nstarz

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:39 am

Good News: Hm, seems like we are getting more hits than ever!
Bad News: Too much bandwidth. Shocked

It's not a big deal if it is down a few more days. The number of hits seems to be low this last week.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:05 am

Xa just left me a message while I was walking the dog: she thinks her photobucket account has been hacked now, cuz she hasn't changed the password. If someone got into her email and neopets accounts, maybe they have stolen this as well.

I'll see what I can do in the morning.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:43 am

These people.... Mad don't they have babies to steal candy from?
Back to top Go down
Roby

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:21 pm

These people are more likely to steal the babies than the candy.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:29 am

Shocked
Laughing
Back to top Go down
nstarz

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:41 am

Roby wrote:
These people are more likely to steal the babies than the candy.

lol too.
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:34 pm

Geeze! Evil or Very Mad affraid Who has the time to do this stuff?
Back to top Go down
blkshygurl

blkshygurl

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:33 pm

zoro wrote:
Who has the time to do this stuff?

Kids with no lives and/or (seemingly) no home training.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:12 am

Yesterday I had 15 hits - none from my hut. Today I've had 7 hits, none from my hut - 2 from me. I did get 3 sales off 3 (presumably) shop wiz hits.

I was able to get into our photobucket account yesterday, so it looks like the problem is that our premium account has expired, and we've just hit our bandwidth limit.

I was happy to pay for one year to get unlimited bandwidth, and to avoid the problems we kept having with two accounts and running out of service in the last few days of every month. At this point, I'm not so sure I want to pay for another year ...

The banner will reset on April 1 I guess, and we'll be able to run with it again until we max out. Easter should be a busy time for sales, and spring brings more shoppers from now, right through to September.

Do we go with paid hosting, two (or more) photobucket accounts, each member hosts their own graphics, or even disband the mall?
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:40 am

I am happy with any option that the mall decides, although I would obviously prefer not to disband!
Back to top Go down
tsangpo

tsangpo

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:24 am

I'm a bit ambivalent. I'm happy to keep going but at the same time I'm feeling a little bit over neopets at the moment, mind you after a break I'll probably be interested again, however I don't want to be the straw that breaks the camels back.
Back to top Go down
Roby

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:47 pm

I'd prefer to avoid paying, or disbanding. Perhaps the easiest option would be for each user to simply set up a photobucket account? I doubt we could run over our bandwidth individually.
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:52 pm

What is the cost of hosting the graphics? I'm certainly willing to chip in. I would hate to see us fold. We are after all named Phoenix. We come back from hard times!

I've been thinking about our troubles. There seems to be a pattern to how we have been hacked. Was my zoro_kat account the first to go down? It may be useful for us to reconstruct the history of our accounts being hacked, especially if there really is a pattern to how it has happened. There is a possibility that we have been targeted because we are a strong and growing mall. If we feel that there is a pattern and that we have been targeted, we should let Emily know the entire story.

The other thing that might be useful to do is to post our story on neodaq forums and see if there are other malls having similar troubles.
Back to top Go down
nstarz

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:44 pm

I can host it for free on my websevers. I just need the image files, I can host the files. We just have to change the URL.
Back to top Go down
Roby

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:39 pm

Zoro, with regard to us being targeted, I looked back in the forums briefly and I think this all started with Spunky being iced (for the first time), I then got CGed, you were then iced, followed by Spunky again and then Xaheras. Did I miss anyone?
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:15 am

That's wonderful, nstarz!!!

I'm hoping the banner kicks back in at midnight tonight. Do you know what to do to get the graphics??
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:27 am

Yay for nstarz!

I was wondering whether the hackers use the marketplace to look for targets...
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:51 am

Banner's working again.
*whew!*
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:25 am

Yikes Shocked
Sorry I've been a bit silent folks, been working my little behind off the past few months Evil or Very Mad

Shall catch up on some reading here XD
Back to top Go down
nstarz

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Egg, if you can e-mail all the graphics to nstarz@gmail.com.
Since I remember neopets has coding limit, I will use the smallest domain I have: nstarz.com
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:03 pm

sounds good, nstarz!

Xaheras will be here in a couple of hours - I'll see if she can help.

Good thinking on the domain name, too.
Back to top Go down
nstarz

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Also, remember to backup the original somewhere, just in case we have to make any changes to the images.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:43 am

*happy dance*
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Before we lose the banner again - and we're due! - we can start using the images that nstarz has already moved to his site. I've tested the ones I can use, in my shop, and it looks perfect.

If you are able to find what you need, feel free to make the switch on your own. I'll post the converted names in the Banner Codes part of the forum. Even getting some of us moved over will reduce the load on the photobucket account, and might just let us squeak through to the end of the month without any disasters.

When we get the whole works in place, I'll get the proper codes updated in a single post.

THANK YOU NSTARZ!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Banner is down! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner is down!   Banner is down! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banner is down!
Page 1 of 1