Phoenix Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Filling in the empty spots

Go down 
+4
Roby
blkshygurl
nstarz
Egg
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Egg
Admin
Egg

Filling in the empty spots Empty
PostSubject: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Over the next few weeks - before the end of April - I want to adjust our categories and recruit new members as needed.

Zoro has Training, Faeries, Backgrounds
MSN has Books *Quest
Spunky has furniture, Garden
Nstarz has Toys, Plushies *Quest
Egg has Clothing, Concert, wearable Trinkets *Quest
Tsango has Cards, Scratchcards, Stamps *Quest
Xaheras is hacked and is leaving if she can't get her account back. She had Petpets, Paintbrushes, Maps
Roby has Food, Bakery
4bruders has closed her shop. She had Battle, Defence *Quest
Blkshygurl has Drinks, Neggs
Pfizz has Grooming, Medicine *Quest

We need a Battle shop for the Quests, and Xaheras's success with her category mix makes having a similar coverage a top priority.

Anyone keen on adding categories to their shop, or switching?
Anyone know someone who is looking for a spot?

Last edited by Egg on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:07 pm

If Toys wasn't so huge, I would probably ask for another. I don't plan on switching.

Though those two categories looks too god to be combined as a permanent solution.

I'm guessing we can start advertising to see how many people (and hopefully someone we know personally) is interested.
Back to top Go down
blkshygurl

blkshygurl

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:46 pm

Well I would love to drop drinks and get something else. I'm ready for a change, but I would rather keep my beloved neggs. As far as advertising, perhaps we should try neomallers? As much as a lot of the forum members are jerks, a lot of people read/write/lurk there, particularly people who are into malling.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:06 pm

I would love to see you try something more exciting too, Amber.

Petpets could go with Neggs, and so could Battle. For that matter, Maps and Paintbrushes would be fine as well. Where does your interest lie?

Battle gets the extra Quest button, and cheap weapons seem to sell just fine to our customer base. Petpets are cheap to stock and hugely popular, judging from Xa's top-ranking hits. Maps and Paintbrushes are more time consuming to stock and take more capital outlay, but are a strong draw for shoppers, and can generate high markup percentages. Maps don't have to stay with PBs either - we can mix and match.

Drinks aren't an important category. Roby would be free to add them if he wants - basically, he would handle all food and drink.
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:11 pm

I'd be open to taking drinks, personally a little change of scenery would be nice, too. I'd be open to trying petpets (or taking back my old category of maps along with it).

I may have mentioned it before, but I think Quigukis, Usukis would go very well with neggs; I think that paintbrushes and maps would also match well. Novelty items lumped together y'know?

Advertising on NeoMallers is one option, but it's not one I'm a fan of. The vocal (minority?) group there is rather off-putting.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:15 pm

Well, whatever we do, we won't put petpets with anything edible! affraid
LOL
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:08 am

You mean petpets can't be eaten? jocolor

-recalls a time when petpets were eaten-

About finding new members, we probably can't do much on the type of members who apply, but we can do our best to screen them.
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:51 am

I personally wouldnt mind switching up categories - getting a little blase lately so something new to tinker with will hopefully renew my interest Very Happy
Whatever works for the group is fine with me however
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:49 am

I can stay with the categories that I have but I could also take on another category if needed. Cheap weapons might work if its available. I would prefer to not take on a huge category like toys or grooming.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:54 am

There are only 13 earth faerie quest items, so basic battle looks really easy.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:52 am

I am happy with my categories, but am willing to take anything else on if necessary.

Perhaps we could advertise at the neodaq forums?
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Attracting people that some of us are associated with would be a plus; let's sort out our own categories first, though.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:32 pm

That's what I'm thinking too, Roby.

If zoro can work Ling's basic battle/quest items into her shop, then we just need to sort out petpets. Maps and PBs can be tacked on nearly anywhere.

Incidentally, when I had Grooming/Clothes, I sold Maps for a while, Pfizz. It worked really well for the added hits - not a lot of map sales, but plenty of looks, and when they did sell, I made good profits. Might boost your hits if you want to try. Thing to realize is that Maps take a bit more work than most items.
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:01 am

That all sounds fine to me, Egg. If Xaheras doesn't get her account back, I'd be quite interested in trying out petpets. We could then offer up food (and drinks?) to a new member. This would leave the mall one member smaller, but I don't think that would have a huge impact.

Paint brushes could be added to Amber's shop (along with a host of other options) to boost profits and hits.
Back to top Go down
blkshygurl

blkshygurl

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:19 pm

I guess the big question is Xa coming back? Maybe we should wait and see what's going to happen with her before we start assigning her spots. Matter of fact, have we heard any updates regarding her account?
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:22 am

I can add basic battle and quest this coming weekend. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:42 pm

And another part of the Xa question is that even if she doesn't get her account back, does she intend to rebuild and how can we best accommodate that?
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:42 am

just wondering if there's any updates on xa's account
Back to top Go down
xaheras

xaheras

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:06 pm

hey all,

Egg has been bugging me constantly to post something.

As my account has been completely disabled, and my very most favouritest (yes, I know, not a word) pet has been moved to the great beyond, I don't feel any real inclination to actually play neopets anymore. I'm really sorry about this. I would have probably continued playing sporadically had I been able to think I had any chance of getting my account back. But as they are not responding at all to any email, and whenever I try and "send my password to my email address" on my linked account, it says "This email address has requested to not receive anymore emails" I don't know what else I can do. (I also never requested this, so completely lost and worried about that.)

The photo bucket account should be public, so if you need the stuff you can get it. If it's not, I'm sure Egg will harass me some more.

I really hoped that I could use my xaheraz account and do it that way, but I really can't see myself spending/investing that much time in re-establishing a shop at this point in my life. Work and life are taking too much out of me at the time. (I'm working a lot of hours, and I'm trying to loose 10-15 pounds, so I'm at the gym or rollerblading or biking as much as I can. Plus I'm between two houses).

-hera
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 am

I understand how you feel. Hard to feel motivated to rebuild an account when it gets ripped off you like that, especially when you have lots of RL stuff going on. But it's very sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Here's the results of the above discussion:

* eggwalterpunkone (Egg) | Clothes, Wearables, Concert | Size 704 > 708

* roby_367 (Roby) | Food, Drinks and/or (Petpets or Maps or PBs) | Size 632 > 650

* tsangpo (tsangpo /g4kki) | Cards, Stamps, Scratchcards | Size 629 > 634

* msn_fanatic (msn_fanatic) | Books | Size 623 > 629

* blkshygurl (Amber) | Neggs, and (Petpets or Maps or PBs) | Size 618 > 632

* spunky_munky_gal (Spunky / Carley) | Furniture & Garden | Size 484 > 516

* pfizzgig (pfizzgig) | Grooming, Medicine, and (something else, or complete change?) | Size 423

* nstarz (nstarz) | Toys, Plushies, Usukis | Size 378 > 505 !

* grooveyshop (Zoro) | Training, Weapons, Backgrounds | Size 112 > 187

If I've got everyone's wishes pegged right, we should be able to cover off the gaps just fine ourselves.

I still want to hear if Amber has a preference, but it seems important to me to add some draw for her shop. I'm leaning towards the Petpets to go with her Neggs.

If Roby is serious about dumping Food, he can take on the Maps and Paintbrushes, but then we will need a Food/Drink shop. Another possibility is to reduce the Food component, and throw in the Maps as an extra interest category. Food doesn't look great with Maps, though - or PBs.

Phizz could take either of Maps or PBs, and Roby could take the other, though.

Let's sort this out this weekend.

Last edited by Egg on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blkshygurl

blkshygurl

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Xa, I understand exactly how you feel. It's a shame that neopets doesn't have better security, and doesn't know how to properly respond to people inquiries regarding their accounts. You'll be missed!

As far as the mall, I would definitely take petpets. I think if Rob is serious about dropping food, I could take it and just wrap neggs/drinks into it. This way I'll have food and petpets, and those are two heavy draws.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm liking the look of Neggs/Petpet and Food/Maps. Phizz could take on Paintbrushes to exciten-up* her shop, too. [*NOTE: not an actual word]
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Thanks for posting, xaheras. Crying or Very sad

Have fun with all those RL activities. All of those are more important than neopets.

If you ever want to play again, we are here to help.
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Thanks for posting Xa Smile Probably would feel the same in your position - Enjoy RL!

Egg - I'm keen for a change Very Happy. Wouldnt even mind letting someone else have a crack at Meds & Grooming if theres interest. PB's or petpets or something might work as a nice single category - what do we think? So long as its new and colourful I don't really mind at all what category I end up with Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the empty spots   Filling in the empty spots I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Filling in the empty spots
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Phoenix Feather :: Mall business :: Mall Talk-
Jump to: