Phoenix Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Category scrambles!

Go down 
+5
blkshygurl
msn_fanatic
nstarz
tsangpo
Egg
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Egg
Admin
Egg

Category scrambles! Empty
PostSubject: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:08 pm

Occupied:
Backgrounds - zoro
Battle/Defence - zoro
Codestones/Dubloons - zoro
MSN's Books (!) - msn
Food/Bakery - lottie
Furniture/Garden - spunky

Petpets (if we can separate) - blkshy
Neggs (if we can separate) - blkshy
Petpets and Neggs (if we can't) - blkshygurl
Paintbrushes (need a banner) - pfizz

Need owner:
Grooming (if we can make a separate banner) -
Medicine (ditto) -
Grooming and Meds (if we can't) -
Toys/Plushies/Usukis -
Maps (need a banner) -
Clothing/Wearables
Cards and Scratchcards and Stamps -

Spare banners:
Petpets and Paintbrushes
Petpets and Supplies and Paintbrushes
Food and Drinks
Drinks and Neggs
Backgrounds and Wearables
Grooming and Clothing and Medicine
Maps and Sand and Gifts
Battle and Magic
Books and Maps and School
Toys and Plushies and Paintbrushes
Battle and Training and Magic
Battledome Supplies

Each shop can have up to three top banners.

If you are interested in switching categories, please speak up.

If you have some skills with graphics and coding, we need to hear from you.

Last edited by Egg on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Opened tsango's category)
Back to top Go down
tsangpo

tsangpo

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:30 pm

I'm up for a change. Preferrably one that is only one or two pages, this could be a new category, just stamps or just scratchcards.
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:56 pm

I was just starting to talk with Pfizz.

With this many different categories now "open" ... is the above info correct as of now?
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:17 pm

This is what I've gathered together from discussions here. I'll update the list as I get responses.
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:25 pm

I will make the first move go back to Grooming (Air) and Meds Very Happy

So blkshygurl can take Toys/Plushies (Dark Faerie) unless she is choosing another open one.

Clothing/Wearables looked like an appealing new choice, so if its open in another opportunity I will take it. (I don't expect it to happen for years).
Back to top Go down
msn_fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:30 pm

I love my books Very Happy not looking for a change
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:45 pm

tsangpo wrote:
I'm up for a change. Preferrably one that is only one or two pages, this could be a new category, just stamps or just scratchcards.

Scratchcards shouldn't stand alone, as they can be used as a draw for weaker categories.

Cards is always a bit hard to make work, and pretty boring to look at too. There are 180 needed for Light Quests (as of March 2010), so it could be pared down to that. (I don't know how many you currently stock.)
Back to top Go down
blkshygurl

blkshygurl

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:52 am

Yeah, just like I mentioned in the other thread, I would be interested in taking over toys. I'd want to keep neggs and petpets, so that'll put me right at three categories.
Back to top Go down
tsangpo

tsangpo

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:35 am

Egg wrote:
tsangpo wrote:

Scratchcards shouldn't stand alone, as they can be used as a draw for weaker categories.

Cards is always a bit hard to make work, and pretty boring to look at too. There are 180 needed for Light Quests (as of March 2010), so it could be pared down to that. (I don't know how many you currently stock.)

I've been a bit lax lately but I usually stock all of them that were current as of a year or so ago. Not many have been released since stamps started going way back when so you get 3 pages of stock buffering your other categories. Come to think of it actually I wouldn't mind taking just cards, it would allow me to hyperstock them and be pretty low maintenance.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:33 am

I'm open to taking on another category if there's something we can fit in with furny/garden. If someone would like to try furny/garden out I might be convinced to take on something else Smile

But also happy to stay just as I am - going to have a busy couple of months coming up, moving house twice and going back to work, so staying put won't disappoint me Smile
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Happy with the changes so far, will start selling off my Grooming & Med stock as I get time this week Very Happy

Not sure how many buyable paintbrushes are left these days, but want to keep my stock to a single page if possible - it just looks better to me. If theres room I wouldnt mind adding another small category, but will let others have a pick first Smile

Might be able to talk Hubs into sorting some graphics for us, he's very good with photoshop these days!
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Toys/Plushies/Usukis is actually huge. It has thousands of items...

I tried to keep a large selection.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:13 pm

For Toys, if you only maintained the 250 Quest items, plus maybe a small number of popular non-quest ones, it might work as a three-way shop, but petpets on their own should be a very strong category, and many toys don't look much different from petpets, which could be a problem.
Back to top Go down
tsangpo

tsangpo

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:00 am

Actually I've been thinking about this a bit. I'm not really feeling like getting on neo much lately, especially to stock my shop. I don't think this is good for the mall so I would like to take a bit of a hiatus. I'll keep my banner up and I'll probably come back in a half a years time or something and take whatever category is available.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:14 am

Well, if you want to take a break, this is as good a time as any, tsango. It's been a good run and you've been easy to work with. When Neopets feels fun to you again, and you feel the call of mall-profits, get back in touch anytime!

In the meantime, thanks for keeping your banner. If you could keep your shop stocked for a while - at least with the cards - I'd appreciate it. We're going to have to do some recruiting, I can see. In a week or two, you can feel free to empty your shop or let it run out.

If you could though, please log in occassionally. We have several former shops that display our banner in some form or another, with wrong or wonky links, and I think this reflects poorly on the mall. If it's time to remove the banner altogether, I'll neomail you.

If at some point you decide to really really leave for a longer time, you should remove it then.

(by the way, don't lose your password here - you are always welcome to pop in and say hi.)
Back to top Go down
lottie24

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:27 am

I am happy to keep the food category. If you want me to take one of the open categories as well just let me know. I don't mind either way Smile
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:30 am

I took one of those breaks myself and ended up back after 5 or so years Smile good luck tsangpo Very Happy

Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:51 pm

Good luck tsangpo! It's been fun.

If I don't get my account back I will also be taking a break. I just can't face the prospect of rebuilding again.
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Trying to see in the point of view of members:

* eggwalterpunkone (Egg) | Clothes, Wearables, Concert > new??

* tsangpo (tsangpo /g4kki) | Cards, Stamps, Scratchcards | break time.

* blkshygurl (Amber) | Neggs, PetPets | same? + ?

* lottie24 (Charlotte) | Food, Drinks | same

* msn_fanatic (msn_fanatic) | Books | same

* nstarz (nstarz) | Toys, Plushies, Usukis > Grooming and Meds

* spunky_munky_gal (Spunky / Carley) | Furniture & Garden | same(?)

* pfizzgig (pfizzgig) | Grooming, Medicine > Paint Brush Only

* grooveyshop (zoro_kat) | Backgrounds + Codestones/Dubloons + Battle/Defense | same

Open:

Grooming + Med
Clothes, Wearables, Concert
Cards, Stamps, Scratchcards
Toys, Plushies, Usukis
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:57 pm

I don't mind adding something if there's a category that you think will fit. Maybe if we split an open category across a couple of existing members that will help the recruitment process...
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:08 pm

The Plot is underway again, and it's pretty well taking all my time, so if you guys don't mind, let's get back at dealing with changes and whatnot when things settle down.
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Ya, and a whole mess of QUEST toys got retired.. the prices hasnt skyrocketed, so I'm guessing Toys quest items just got smaller.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:18 pm

I agree egg - the plot took all my neo time lately - just check my hut position and I was top of the unclickable one Suspect
Just upgrading now...
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 am

A little time would be helpful for me also. I have not heard from the neoteam. Sad
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:22 pm

zoro wrote:
A little time would be helpful for me also. I have not heard from the neoteam. Sad

Yes, and it's during the holidays season, so they might take longer compare to other time of the year too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Category scrambles!   Category scrambles! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Category scrambles!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next