Phoenix Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Band width exceeded.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zoro

zoro

Band width exceeded. Empty
PostSubject: Band width exceeded.   Band width exceeded. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:03 am

take a look at our shop fronts. Our banner has been replaced by a message from photobucket. I don't know what to do about this.
Back to top Go down
tsangpo

tsangpo

PostSubject: Re: Band width exceeded.   Band width exceeded. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:19 am

Hopefully the bandwidth is reset every month.

If so perhaps to prevent this happening again have two different photobucket accounts with a half-half split of members.
\
EDIT: or what is that alicorn site that the other images are hosted at?
Back to top Go down
SillyJillyPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Band width exceeded.   Band width exceeded. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 6:17 am

i don't think there is anything that the shop owners can do about the bandwidth exceeded error. hopefully egg or her daughter has a locally stored copy of the image. The idea of using two accounts at photobucket is probably our best option.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Band width exceeded.   Band width exceeded. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:19 am

I was worried about this when we transferred from auri's host site. dang.

Yes, xaheras and I thought about splitting the load. It's a bit messy for updates, but workable. Hand on - I'm talking to her now. watch for updates.
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

PostSubject: Re: Band width exceeded.   Band width exceeded. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:23 pm

Could someone please explain bandwidth? I have no idea what went wrong.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Band width exceeded.   Band width exceeded. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:42 pm

I don't know if I can explain exactly, zoro, but for starters, take a look at the stats that Xa posted in the Sales tracking forum. The bandwidth is shown there, both the allowance and the amount we used.

I'm afraid to try to sound technical cuz I l know I'll only sound stupid, but I think of it as a river through a pipe, and photoshop has allowed us to use some of their plumbing, but the pipe we get is 1 inch, just like all the other free users. Photoshop itself has a huge plumbing system, but they've paid for it.

The "water" in the analogy is the resource used by people clicking through the links in the banner. I think.

kinda.

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

PostSubject: Re: Band width exceeded.   Band width exceeded. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:44 pm

So this is a problem of success ie we have more customers than the pipe can handle?
Back to top Go down
Roby

PostSubject: Re: Band width exceeded.   Band width exceeded. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Thats right Zoro, so either we need a bigger pipe, or a second pipe. Seems like the second pipe was the way to go. On the brightside, though we missed a lot of today I suppose, we're clearly attracting customers at a good clip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band width exceeded.   Band width exceeded. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band width exceeded.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Phoenix Feather :: Mall business :: Mall Talk-
Jump to: