Phoenix Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Egg
Admin
Egg

Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking Empty
PostSubject: Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking   Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Hate those single-digit sales days! yeech.

Maybe Backgrounds hasn't got enough items to stand on its own. I've been thinking that Wearable Trinkets might work for ya ...

Look up JellyNeo Wearbles Trinkets for an idea of stuff. Here's my search:
http://items.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=petclo&pet=acara&pb0=1&nc=1&sp=1&t=1&bg=1
Here's a Wearable Toys search:
http://items.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=show_items&name=&name_type=partial&desc=&cat=18&specialcat=40&status=1&rarity=&sortby=name&numitems=30&prices=1&ncoff=1
Wearable Gifts:
http://items.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=show_items&name=&name_type=partial&desc=&cat=29&specialcat=40&status=1&rarity=&sortby=name&numitems=30&prices=1&ncoff=1

There are some fun-looking items, many cheap ones, several to be RS'ed at the Gift Shop. I'm selling some of them currently, and they're adding to my business, but maybe it was better when I had the BGs too. There will be crossover issues with this, but I think I can see a way to keep crossover clean, when they are both Toys (for instance) and Wearable.

Last edited by Egg on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking   Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 4:58 pm

That's a good idea Smile They do seem like they are closely linked to backgrounds...
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking   Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:58 am

I'm not disheartened by the lowish profits (any profit is good after all) but the idea has some definate appeal.
I've been putting all profits and then some into shop upgrades, but I may ease up for a week or two, see how sales go and do some research into expanding my stock range this way. I've no desire to rob you of all your good stock, Egg!
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking   Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:15 am

I've had the best shop I could ask for, for 2 and a half years. I've felt guilty about it. pirat

I think there's enough business to split it in two, and if it's done right, we should do better then splitting the profits I'm giving up in half. The sum of the parts may be bigger than the whole, sorta. Let's give it a shot - it's got to be better than what you have, and I don't mind giving up workload.

Try self advertising for a little while before we bother Xaheras for more banner-work, OK?
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking   Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:13 pm

I don't think you need to feel guilty about your shop Egg Very Happy

Initial research looks promising, I think a lot of the trinket style items will fit in very nicely without distracting too much from the focus of backgrounds as a single category.

I would like to clear up the crossover issue before I begin though - I'm working on the loose assumption that 'trinket' refers to those accessories that adorn the area around the pet, but are not actually on the neopets' body - ie; props, string lights & garlands. Masks and jewellry type things would still be Clothing items. Hand puppets and other holdable toys ( like this http://items.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=item&showitem=28143) may need some clarifying.. I really don't want to step on any toes Laughing.
Back to top Go down
Pfizzgig

Pfizzgig

PostSubject: Re: Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking   Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:55 am

(If you don't mind /are able Egg, could you split out the discussion-y bit of this thread into a more appropriate place so I can keep the record-y place clean? Very Happy)

Initial thoughts on 'Trinkets' stock.. Arrow http://items.jellyneo.net/mywishes/pfizz/ (The top section, not the general pretty sparkly things below Laughing)
Excluded a lot of the garlands which are fairly samey and/or dull, also left out all of the wooden toys, though I may experiment with a few if they are deemed appropriate. Think a lot of them would look extremely 'bleh' on display, but one or two might be nice.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking   Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Nice list, Pfizz. Smile

There are some items that I know sell well. There are several that will become rare over time, making for a good hoarding opportunity. There's some weird stuff too - Fake Barf ??!!? LOL

As for crossover, I'll start a new discussion to deal with that directly, but I'd like to operate under this mandate:

If it's Wearable and another shop Category, it can be sold from both shops. Shoppers will be looking for something to play with their pet with in the Toy shop for instance, but will be looking for decorations for their per in the Wearables shop. The same item will be "marketed" out of each shop differently - that is, the pricing will be different, and the surrounding items will make it appear different too.

About masks and hand-held toys, let's stay away from them to begin with. I think they should be moved into the Wearables shop too, but we'd better see how the discussion goes. Anyway, I kinda think that the trinkets will offset the flatness of your backgrounds and have a nice effect on the appearance of your shop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking   Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pfizzgig's categories - Split from Sales Tracking
Page 1 of 1