Phoenix Feather
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Mall Members to come together.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

spunky_munky_gal disabled?

Go down 
+5
tsangpo
zoro
Egg
spunky_munky_gal
nstarz
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nstarz

spunky_munky_gal disabled? Empty
PostSubject: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 am

Any news about your account spunky?

Hopefully its back soon.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:40 am

went to log in and it gave me the self-frozen message. Hopefully that means it should be fairly easy to get back. And because I had a pin on everything, hopefully my account should be pretty well intact.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Thanks for the update, spunky. Man, you've have bad luck with keeping your account safe! Hope they clear it up quickly.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:55 pm

There are two possibilities the way I see it - either I left a window open and my 3yo jumped on here and somehow managed to do it , or my email account (yahoo) has been compromised. Or I guess there's the old CG possibility too.

I have submitted my form, I guess I'll hear something tomorrow with any luck. I'll keep you guys updated.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:24 am

Got this today:

Quote :
Hello,

Your account was frozen due to one (or more) of the following three reasons: 1) You voluntarily gave your username and password to a password scamming page while attempting to gain neopoints or items; 2) You voluntarily gave your username and password away to a scammer over an instant messaging service or an email in an attempt to gain neopoints, items, trophies, or avatars; or 3) You attempted to download a cheat program that stole your username and password.

After the scammer got into your account, they used it to try to scam other users out of their hard-earned neopoints, items, and pets.

While we do try to return scammed accounts, we will NOT return accounts stolen while attempting to cheat. If this is the second time you have lost your account due to giving your information away, it will not be returned.

Again, we remind you NOT to give your password out to ANYONE for ANY reason and to keep your browsers updated. Also, giving out your instant message information is potentially very dangerous - which is why it is against our Terms & Conditions. Scammers can also steal your information that way.

If you have any other questions, don't forget to include the entire text of this e-mail with your username clearly at the top. This will help me better address your situation.

Clearly I did none of those three things. So I sent a reply stating as such, and expressing concern that perhaps my email account had been compromised (a made a password request a few days ago, stupidly didn't delete the email and stupidly didn't change my password). So we'll see.
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:07 pm

Who are you talking to on neopets? I wonder if some staff are more helpful than others.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:19 am

The email was from 'Emily'. Waiting to hear back after the weekend. I must admit I'm feeling a bit despondent about it Sad
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:35 am

Evil or Very Mad Oh Spunky!!! I am so sorry to see this thread. This is just awful and disheartening.

Everything you have posted about your "self-frozen account" is deja vu for my experience of losing my account. I received the same email that you did from Emily. I sent her all the information that she asked for to prove that the account was mine. She acknowledged the account was mine and asked how the hacker got into my account. I replied that I didn't know and she has not responded to any of my emails since. It is so frustrating to learn that another person is dealing with that callous neoteam member. It really feels like a "blame the victim" attitude towards justice. I hope it goes better for you than it did for me.

big hugs, zoro
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:58 pm

oh no, not what I wanted to hear!

I just sent another email, reiterating clearly that I'm not a cheater, and mentioning the whole IP thing. If I don't have any luck over the next few days I'm going to try sorting it out through the premium channel. After all - I've spent real money on my account, which was stolen - I'm a paying customer so they really should be jumping up and down to do something about it. It's just so frustrating that this keeps happening, and they immediately blame the user when clearly their security is rubbish.

sorry for the venting..

on another note - perhaps you guys should start looking for someone to do furny and garden while this is being sorted out. I don't have the heart to set up my side account and it's not fair on the mall to carry a frozen shop. If you can't find anyone temporarily then by all means offer the position permanently if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:04 pm

I hear you, spunky. I'm so sad this has happened again. I'll start putting out feelers, but it's been just fantastic working with you, and this just sucks.

You are welcome to continue to visit this forum whether you rejoin the mall or not, and of course, if you get your account back, we'd be overjoyed to get you working with us again!

If anyone has any leads or ideas, speak up any time!

Wasn't Richie looking around recently? ...
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:47 am

Still didn't hear back today.
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Sad Mad Sad Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
tsangpo

tsangpo

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:26 pm

These Neofriends are currently online!

spunky_munky..

:cheers:
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Quote :
You should now have access to your account. Your new password is ****. Make sure to change your password at http://www.neopets.com/userinfo.phtml as soon as you get back in. Thank you for your patience, and have fun playing!

*faints*

The damage is bad enough. I won't be in main anytime soon - 14+mil of pure is gone, as is the halloween PB I just won from my SDB. The bit that hurts most is all my stocks are gone. I just don't understand - I had a pin on everything...how does this happen?

Anyway, off to check things out a bit more.

EDIT~
Just repriced all my stock and fixed banner - although it has halloween specials at the moment. I'll fix that later when I have some more time. Discovered that two of my weapons are gone too. I can't remember what they are, but I know they were valuable. Maybe a YB...need to dig around my posts on the daq to find out what it was.
Back to top Go down
zoro

zoro

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Congratulations on getting your account back despite the losses. Did you get an explanation of what happened and why you have so many losses? Very glad it wasn't a complete loss.
Back to top Go down
blkshygurl

blkshygurl

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Congrats on getting back your account. It freakin sucks that so much of your nps + items were stolen. TNT needs to do a whole lot better regarding stolen accounts.

Last edited by blkshygurl on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tsangpo

tsangpo

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:32 pm

Wow that's terrible that all your stuff got taken away. At least your shop size wasn't reset which I've heard has happened to some people.
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:12 am

yes, it could have been much worse!

I have emailed again asking what happened, and how they managed to get my pin...seems awfully strange. Of course I couched it in terms of 'addressing my own security measures'. So hopefully I get some idea of how it happened. Maybe the reason my account was returned with a 'thanks for your patience' is because there's a problem at their end?
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:45 am

OH !! You're back! cheers Spunky is with us again! *mutters about disabled celebratory smilies* What a relief.
Wanna take wagers on getting a reply to your security questions? Wink
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:03 pm

I actually got a reply:

Quote :
I'm afraid that we don't know how you were scammed. Sad

Emily T.

So, not so helpful, but at least a reply. And at least I have my account. Have gone through and changed p'word and pin, and I think I will do that more regularly now. I think I'll change my email p'word too, just to be safe.

EDIT~
I feel sick. Just replied to a neomail from a daqer and discovered about 15 neomails from the scammer selling all my valuable items (halloween PB, HPot, YB, snowbunnies) and trying to trade one of my pets. Thankfully that didn't happen, but I find it amazing that they were able to be in my account for so long.
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 am

How long were the conversation?
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:21 am

About 2.5hrs from the first neomail to the last. Interestingly, the last one is time stamped exactly 12am.
Back to top Go down
Egg
Admin
Egg

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:37 am

(From Xaheras)

I wonder if that is when my account went. I can't seem to get on the account right now. The password seems to be changed, and when I try and get the password sent to my email address, it says that the user has requested no further emails from neopets. But I find that a little odd. Shouldn't they still send the password????
Back to top Go down
spunky_munky_gal

spunky_munky_gal

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:53 am

oh no Sad
have you checked out the boards?
Back to top Go down
nstarz

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:38 pm

Any (hopefully good) news?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spunky_munky_gal disabled?   spunky_munky_gal disabled? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spunky_munky_gal disabled?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Phoenix Feather :: Mall business :: Mall Talk-
Jump to: